We, Pure Lana Ltd. are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
(a) your use of our website at the domain name, Purelana.com (“Website”);
(b) all correspondence, related submissions, content or other material exchanged between Pure Lana and you;
(c) all Activities, Orders and Promotions (as defined in our Terms & Conditions) offered through or arising out of our Website;
Personal data is any information, which personally identifies you, and can include your name, address or email address. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
Our Website is owned and operated by Pure Lana, which for the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the “Data Protection Act”), is the data controller and as such, we are registered under the Data Protection Act.
Data we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Website. This includes information provided when you contact us via the Website or submit an order;
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence;
- Details of your visits to our Website including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data and the resources and links that you access;
- Information provided to us from third parties which we receive;
- Any other information which you may provide to us when using our Website.Data we collect through your use of the website
Data we collect through use of the website
Storing your personal data
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our Website; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your data, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
All rules, policies (including privacy policies) and operating procedures of Merchants will apply to you while on such sites. We are not responsible for information provided by you to Merchants. We and the Merchants are independent contractors and neither party has authority to make any representations or commitments on behalf of the other.
We take all reasonable steps to retain your data.
Uses made of the data
We use data held about you in the following ways:
- To ensure that content from our Website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you;
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us;
- To notify you about changes to our service.
Disclosure of your data
As part of our services we use a number of third party organisations to help (e.g. fulfilment providers). These organisations act as data processors and are strictly controlled in how they may/may not use your data and Pure Lana remains responsible for the protection of your data. Such selected third parties include:
- business partners, suppliers, and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you; and
- networks that require the data to select and serve relevant targeted adverts to you and other target consumers – this may include personalising the advertising content you (and other target consumers) see, based on the details given by you
If you enter a promotion or competition if those third parties need to update you if you have won a prize or for other fulfilment needs. When you enter a promotion, you are subject to any official rules of that promotion which may contain additional information about the specific privacy practices associated with the promotion; and
If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our Website terms & conditions of use and other agreements; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Pure Lana, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. Where you have provided us with the appropriate consents, or where the Data Protection Act entitles us to do so, we may send you marketing materials about other products or services offered by Pure Lana. In addition where you have provided us with the appropriate consents, we may also pass your data to other selected third parties for materials purposes.
You can exercise your right to prevent such processing at any time by contacting us at email@example.com or by clicking “unsubscribe” on the relevant email communication.
The Data Protection Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Data Protection Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
If any of the data we hold about you is incorrect, you can click on the “contact us” link on our website and/or email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will update your details as soon as practically possible.
Links to other Websites
Our Website may, from time to time, contain links to and from other websites. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.